Pau d'arco is a herb claimed to be anti-cancer and antimicrobial, especially anti-candida.
It is naturally caffeine free.
Woody, tannic, and slightly bitter.
- Pour 8 oz. freshly boiled water over 1 tablespoon of Pau D'arco.
- Cover cup & steep for 10-15 minutes.
To Make a Herbal Infusion:
- Put 2 tablespoons of bark into 4 cups of boiling water
- Let boil for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat and steep for 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Strain and drink small portions throughout the day.
Drink up to 4 cups daily for up to 6 weeks, then pause for at least a month before resuming.
Pau d'arco may affect the blood's ability to clot, and could interfere with any blood-thinning drugs you are taking, including:
- Warfarin (Coumadin)
- Clopidogrel (Plavix)